The LWMTA Scholarship Competition provides an opportunity for advancing students to perform at the highest level, competing for an opportunity to represent LWMTA at the WSMTA State Conference.
- Date: Saturday, April 1, 2023
- Location: Cross of Christ Lutheran Church
- Registration Form: Download Here (Registration Deadline: March 23, 2023)
Junior A (up to age 14) – 4 minute time limit – Sonatina – $45
Junior B (up to age 14) – 10 minute time limit – Sonata – $60
Senior C (age 15-18) – 5 minute time limit – Sonatina – $50
Senior D (age 15-18) – 14 minute time limit – Sonata – $70
- LWMTA Chapter MAP participation is mandatory requirement.
- Choose standard repertoires from minimum two musically different styles in memory.
- Music should be the standard repertoires which were published.
- Three categories of music: 1) Baroque, up to 1750, 2) Classical sonatina/sonata (including Schubert Sonatas), 3) Romantic/Impressionism/Contemporary
- After registration, repertoires will be reviewed by the committee for the correct category.
- Questions re. repertoires, please ask the chair before registration.
- Student’s age is based upon the competition date.
- Students will be rewarded as 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Honorable mention as Judge decides.
- Judge’s decision is final.
- Tie is allowed by judge.
- If pieces go beyond time limit, it’ll be stopped according to the rules of the WSMTA.
- Winners will receive the certificate and Medal. Winner’s list will be presented on the chapter website.
- Participating teachers’ presence on the competition day and help are required
Chair: Nicole Kim, NCTM