Musical Gift Recitals (MGRs) provide an opportunity for students to serve local retirement communities with their musical gifts and talents. High School students receive one hour of community service for participating.
- Sunday, April 24 at 2:00 pm: In-Person at University House in Issaquah (masks required) Please Register Here
MGR Format: Virtual and In-Person
- Monthly virtual recitals will be created and posted on YouTube (“Unlisted”) so that recitals may be broadcast by each retirement community.
- In-person recitals may required masks and/or proof of vaccination.
- Recommended length of 5 minutes or less. Limit of 5 students per teacher for each recital.
- Any video format is acceptable (MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI, MKV, etc.)
- An announcement is not required.
- Ask students to dress nicely, and to bow or nod at the end of the performance.
- Attach the video to an email and send to SelinaChuStudio@gmail.com.
- Send a link to large files (Google Drive, OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox, but NO YouTube links).
- In the same email, list student name, title, and composer.
See a Complete List of Past MGRs.
Chairs: Selina Chu, NCTM
Information for Coordinators
MGR Coordinators organize the recital program, print the student certificates, and emcee the recital.