The MAP Recognition Recital is open to any student that has participated in MAP 2023. Performing one of their MAP pieces in front of an audience is a nice way to honor and celebrate their achievements.
- Date: Sunday, February 26, 2023
- Time: 5:00 pm
- Location: Northwest Pianos in Bellevue
- Chair: Selina Chu
For the eighth year in a row, Lake Washington Chapter is inviting all the students who participated in MAP to perform in a special recital, to honor their achievement and improvement. We are also making this recital an opportunity for all LWMTA teachers to select one of the students as our Chapter Representative. This student will perform in an Honors Recital at the WSMTA State Conference in June.
After your students have completed their Musical Artistry Program event, please encourage them to perform their favorite piece for the Recognition Recital. Students may play one piece, no more than 5 minutes.
The Chapter Representative for the WSMTA State Conference will be chosen at the Recognition Recital by a majority vote of the LWMTA teachers in attendance. Each teacher will receive a program that indicates the students who would like to perform during the state conference. Votes will be tallied by committee and the Representative will be notified the following day.
- The Chapter Representative must have participated in MAP with two memorized pieces
- The same student may not represent the chapter two years in a row.
- If a student wishes to be considered as LWMTA’s Chapter Representative, please complete the consent form, complete with e-signatures from the student and a parent.
- Also, please attach a copy (photo or scan) of the student’s rating sheet showing the adjudicator’s signature, as proof that the adjudication was completed. The adjudicator’s comments may be covered up on the copy.